White Sangria, or sangria blanco, is a wine-based drink with fruit and brandy topped off with club soda. Served over ice, it’s a refreshing summer sipper.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Beverage
- Cuisine: American
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 bottle dry white wine (Chablis, Pinot Gris)
- 2 tablespoons Calvados, Cointreau, brandy, or Triple Sec
- 1 cup fruit, use one, two, or three types (grapes, cherries, strawberry, blueberries, or mango, orange, kiwi or peach slices)
- sparkling water
- Combine sugar and water in a microwaveable container. Heat just to a boil, so sugar dissolves. Pour sugar syrup into a glass pitcher, add wine, Calvados, and fruit. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- To serve, stir well, pour into glasses, top with a good slash of sparkling water. Garnish with some of the fruit.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can use the fruit you have on hand.
Keywords: spritzer, wine drink