Peruvian Quinoa Soup
Peruvian Quinoa Soup. Quinoa, veggies and a little spice make this humble soup PERFECT comfort food. Real food naturally.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Peruvian
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small jalapeno, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon aji amarillo paste or yellow curry powder
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1 cup green beans, fresh, frozen or canned, drained
- 4 cups low-sodium broth, chicken or vegetable
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 zucchini, diced
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- Heat oil in soup pot. Add onion, celery, and carrots. Cook 15 minutes until softened, but not browned.
- Add garlic and jalapeno, cook 1 minute.
- Stir in cumin, oregano and curry, cook 1 minute.
- Add potato, green beans, water, broth and quinoa. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook 15-20 minutes until vegetables are just cooked through and quinoa uncurls. Add zucchini and cook 5 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Aji Amarillo is a yellow pepper used in Peruvian cooking for flavor and mild heat. Find it in larger grocery stores buy it online.
- Serving Size: 1.5 cups
- Calories: 230