Black Bean Quinoa Salad
Filled with delicious flavors, this high protein, high fiber, vegetarian salad is so good!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 cups
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups corn (if using a 15.25 ounce can, rinse and drain, add the entire can)
- 1 cup bell peppers, chopped (red, yellow, orange or green)
- 1 cup mango, diced
- 1/2 cup jicama, diced
- 1 4-ounce can green chiles
- 1/3 cup parsley or cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2-3 tablespoons vinegar, apple cider, red wine, white or rice
- juice and zest of one lime
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, smoked or regular
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salad: mix quinoa, black beans, corn, peppers, mango, jicama, green chiles, and parsley or cilantro.
- For the dressing, you want 4 tablespoons of vinegar and lime juice. Depending on how big and juicy the lime is will determine if you use 2 or 3 tablespoons vinegar.
- Dressing: Combine oil, vinegar, lime juice and zest, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Pour dressing over quinoa mixture. Stir to distribute dressing over salad. If you have time, refrigerate 15 to 20 minutes before serving for flavors to develop.
This salad keeps well so may be made ahead and refrigerated overnight. Stir to distribute dressing before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 225
Keywords: high protein salad, make ahead salad