Green Chile Egg Muffins
High in protein, low in sugar, Green Chile Egg Muffins are an easy healthy breakfast recipe – for breakfast or dinner!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 6 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup corn, fresh, canned or frozen
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chiles
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- First: Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line muffin with paper liners or lightly spray the cups with cooking spray.
- Mix: all ingredients. Pour into muffin cups and fill to ¾ full. Bake 20-30 minutes until mixture is set and lightly browned.
Don’t want muffins? Bake this in an 8×8 pan. Spray the pan with cooking spray to make neater squares and cleanup easier.
- Serving Size: 2 muffins each
- Calories: 145
Keywords: hot breakfast, high protein breakfast ideas, egg muffin,