One-Pan Roasted Greek Salad
Loaded with flavor, this easy to make 30-minute one-pan meal, means quick KP too! A dinner winner!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Greek, American
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, divided
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons red or white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 3 tablespoons Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- Chicken: Heat over to 450° F. In a zip-top bag, combine chicken, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano. Seal bag. Massage it to coat the chicken with herbs. Pound with meat mallet until 1/2-inch thick.
- Cook: In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, combine cherry tomatoes, Kalamata olives, capers, vinegar, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Place in oven. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Then: While tomatoes are cooking, pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet until they are 1/2-inch thick. After first 15 minutes, lay chicken breasts over tomato/olive mixture. Return pan to oven and cook 15 minutes more.
- Salad: Layer Romaine and cucumber on dinner plates. Top with chicken, tomato/olive mixture, pan juices. Sprinkle feta and squeeze lemon juice over top.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 300
Keywords: dinner salad, healthy salad