- Wash your hands before cooking. Lay roast on cutting board or sheet pan. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Stir together chile flakes, paprika, salt and pepper then sprinkle on and rub over roast.
- Add 2 teaspoons oil to Instant Pot, push Saute. Using tongs, add meat, cook 2-3 minutes to brown, flip meat to brown other side for 2-3 minutes. Remove meat to sheet pan.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil, onion and apple to Instant Pot, cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and ginger, cook 1 minute. Add beef broth, gochujang, soy sauce, brown sugar, fish sauce, and sesame oil. Stir to combine. Add roast. Put on the cover, close vent, press Manual, cook 60 minutes, release vent. Remove cover, meat should be fork tender and easily shred. If not, reseal, close vent, press Manual, cook 10 -15 minutes more.
- When meat is cooked and tender, remove from pot, place on clean cutting board, shred the meat with 2 forks, or slice thinly with knife. Return meat to pot and stir into sauce.
- Rinse and pat dry cabbage or lettuce leaves. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons shredded beef in center of cabbage, sprinkle whatever toppings you choose, fold into a taco.
Oven method: Heat a large pan or Dutch oven on the stove over medium-high heat. Add all the oil, brown the seasoned meat. Stir in the spices and other ingredients, scraping up the browned bits on the bottom of the pan, bring to a boil. Cover pan, place in oven and bake at 325°F for 2-1/4 to 3 hours. You’ll know it’s done when the meat is fork-tender.