Almond Thyme Honey
Spoon this over cheese to serve as an appetizer. Drizzle on yogurt. Or give as a gift with Apricot Pecan Crisps.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- 3/4 cup toasted almonds, coarsely chopped (or use walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans or pine nuts)
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons olive or walnut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest, freshly grated
- 3 dried Japonese chiles
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves (1/4 teaspoon dried)
- 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Mix: ingredients together. Cover. Let rest a day or two before serving for flavors to develop. Refrigerate up to a 6 months.
Dried Japanese chile (or Japonese chile) is a red/orange long, narrow chile.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 130
Keywords: easy appetizer, quick dessert, honey